Thursday, July 10, 2014

In the appraisal world, we have a phrase we use... "The subject appears to have exceeded it's economic life."  Over time, a neglected home deteriorates.  Walls that once held promise of a bright future become tired and worn.  



I did an inspection today on a home for a purchase.  The family that was about to move into it met me there and we talked about how although the home was built in 1994 (how can that be 20 years ago already?!), it was well maintained and in great condition. I could see the anticipation in their faces as they prepared to settle in to their home. The house was solid and useful, because it was maintained.

Homes need to maintained or they lose their value.  So do relationships. 

This week I took my mom to visit an old friend.  As we made our way down their rural road to the farmhouse that holds so many memories, my mom looked at me and said, "I don't think I've been this way in 20 years."  We both thought for a minute and realized it had been more like 30.  As we pulled up the gravel drive, it was evident that the old barn had worn some but as my mom and her sweet friend embraced, it was clear their friendship hadn't.  To witness them 'maintain' their relationship and breathe new hope into it was such a blessing for me!



Don't neglect the relationships in your life that need some maintenance.  Before we know it, time gets away...

In His grace,
Lisa


Hebrews 10:24-25

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.  Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another--and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment